Monday, November 10, 2014

Keep it up!

So, I’m sitting here studying my Bible, my sister walks in and asks what I’m doing and asks if I’m doing homework. I explain to her, it’s not homework if you enjoy it. I told her when you study the Bible, you grow in your relationship with God. It’s awesome how little kids work.. They’re curious about everything! She always wonders why I’m doing things like this and why I enjoy it and now she’s learning to enjoy it too. She’s only 8 and she loves Jesus more than any other 8 year old I know. I realize how blessed I am with her. I have the chance to show her how loved she is by her Heavenly Father. She KNOWS that I love her correctly because I love Him correctly. I help her learn her weekly Bible verses and she enjoys doing it with ME. I have to learn not to take that for granted because how often do people get to do that? If you have a little sibling please start talking to them about your love for God early because they will soak it right in. It doesn’t have to just be children. It can be parents, cousins, nephews/neices, friends. It’s so necessary in your walk with God and theirs. Everyone needs someone feeding positivity in their lives. I’m so glad I can be that for her! Jesus says to go out and make disciples and that’s what we should be doing :)


"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." (‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭11‬ NIV)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, " (‭Matthew‬ ‭28‬:‭19‬ NIV)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment