Sunday, November 30, 2014

"For when I am weak, then I am strong"

You know what I don't like nowadays? Relationships.
I hate that they're pretty much all based around fame, popularity, Instagram LIKES, and love movies....
I'm sorry(no I'm not), but happiness doesn't come from how many likes you and your significant other's candid gets on Instagram.
Love movies are unrealistic. Fame is just ridiculous and so is popularity, because no one should be put in categories. OK moving on.  

I didn't realize all of this until I went through a bad relationship. A relationship that left me broken, crying all night, couldn't eat, and just felt hopeless. When you reach a point like that you really do think you'll never be whole again.. and maybe you're right. Maybe, it'll take some time for the pieces to grow back together; but you will become strong again. Eventually the tears will slow down, the thoughts about them will only come every other day or so, and you'll learn to smile again.

Then you'll catch yourself going out with friends instead of crying yourself to sleep. You'll start to notice that you feel comfortable flirting back with guys who've been trying for months. You'll actually give one of the guys a chance! You'll have fun and maybe, just MAYBE there will be a second date.

And you know what? Then there comes a day.. when your friends or family brings up their name and you can answer and be okay with it. A day where you can think about it and only feel a little discomfort, because you have finally came to the realization that you are truly better off without them.. truly better off by yourself.

Then, from that day on, you continue to get stronger and happier. You notice it. Your friends notice it and they'll tell you too! You'll start to open up about things you couldn't bare to even think about 6 months before; and you guys will talk about it then move right along.
You moved on. You made it. You are STRONG!


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
"Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand'" John 13:7

"That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

No comments:

Post a Comment